A long, long time ago in a galaxy far, far away, I told you about a organization called Sevenly. Sevenly features new T-shirts every week which support a certain cause or charity. When you buy that week’s Sevenly T-shirt, you contribute to that specific cause. I have been wanting to purchase a Sevenly shirt for some time, but I was waiting for one to come around that was focused on abolition and the fight against human trafficking.
Finally, the great day came. This is my Sevenly shirt.
It is all kinds of amazing. It’s soft and comfy and cute and fashionable.
I got a stylish new T-shirt, AND I helped save a woman from the horror of slavery. Pretty sweet deal, right?
You need to go check out Sevenly. It’s all kinds of epic.
We all like to stay cool in the summer, yes? That usually means shorts and a comfy shirt or tank top for me. But just because I want to beat the heat doesn’t mean I have to look slouchy or frumpy.
I bought both these tanks at Wal-Mart. This teal color is scrumptious, and then I also got it in a mustard shade. When it called for a second layer, I grabbed my other Wal-Mart tank, a yellow-striped one, and layered them together. I think it turned out quite nicely.
Find some fun tank tops or light T-shirts to go with some jean shorts. Add a bright necklace or a stylin’ hat (my personal favorite), and you’ve got it made!
And yes, as you can see, it is totally possible to wear tank tops and still maintain your modesty standards. But if the tank happens to be a bit low, just cut the shoulder straps shorter and sew them back together at the length you like.
As far as my summer makeup routine goes, I like to keep it looking light and fresh. I don’t want to be weighed down with lots of makeup in the spring and summer (well, not anytime really, but especially then). Lately, I haven’t even been using foundation; just concealer, blush, eye makeup, and lip balm. With all my mowing, I get plenty of sun, so I’ve even been skipping bronzer.
My most recent makeup routine has been as follows: For my face, a bit of concealer, and some light pink cream blush on the apples of my cheeks. For my eyes, I apply a dark eyeliner (either black or dark brown) to just the outside corners of my eyes, then a semi-dark brown shade to my crease, a light, translucent, shimmering eyeshadow to the inside corners of my eyes (doing this really opens up your eyes), and finally some mascara. And lately, I’ve just been using lip balm or a clear gloss for my lips.
On a random note (I love those), I’ve been trying to keep track of sporadic little things that bring a smile to my face. There are far more than I take the time to realize, and I want to be better about counting those little, everyday blessings.
- mother dear always making sure there is an iced coffee waiting for me when i come home from mowing
- little wilson and i having a friendly argument over who gets the part of eponine while singing along with les miz
- a guy in wal-mart who showed up dressed in a white t-shirt, shorts, cowboy boots, and sunglasses, and started playing an accordion up and down the main aisle. i immediately deemed him amazing.
- hillsong united’s “freedom is here/shout unto god” medley. it is my dream to see them in concert one day.
- the windblown-hair look
- chick-fil-a’s chocolate shakes. oh my stars and stockings. i did not live until todayyyyyyy…
- the splendiferous friends who bought me that chick-fil-a chocolate shake and thus rocked my existence
- an exceptionally nice guy working at the wal-mart deli. he made my cheese selecting so much more pleasant.
- loverly pictures, at long last. thanks to rochester.
- a random, sweet text from a friend
- the scarlet pimpernel book. sir percy, iloveyou, iloveyou, iloveyou. marguerite, i like you, but stop being so selfish. chauvelin, you’re a wretch, and i hate you. the end. (review coming soon)
- the beautiful, angelic voice of a certain person whose name is… RAH-MEEN karimloo. (yes, amy, that was for you.)
- jordan is back from africa!! and i’m so very happy and relieved.
- natalie is doing a vlog! and i’m so very happy.
- annakate is hosting a bookish giveaway. you should totally check it out.
what are some things God is using to bless you right now?
stay cool and be spontaneous!